August 11, 2009

August 11, 2009 Tuesday

Hot, I much prefer the cooler 70s we had over the weekend. I am ready for fall now! I had actually planned to go down to Adrienne's classroom to help her do some organizing today and she called me about 9:00 last night and we changed to Thurdsay. So, I woke up this morning with nothing really planned to do. It was quite nice. My Mom and I did a crossword, for those of you who don't know, we are kind of addicted. I then spent some time emailing, reading others blogs, etc. The girls and I watched the finale of So You Think You Can Dance (one of our favorites). We made a "picnic" lunch and ate on TV trays while we watched. After it was over we headed out to run a few errands. We want to watch My Fair Lady while we are having "girl days" since Cole is at scout camp. We went to the library to pick it up. Ran into Old Navy and TJ MAXX. we are doing family pictures in ten days and we need orange, brown, green or cream shirts. Luckily the only one that needed to buy one was Cole. So, being the bargain shopper that I am, I found a shirt for $6 at Old Navy. Then I found a t-shirt and some plaid shorts for Cole for School at TJ... entire outfit with tax $9.39! I love bargain shopping.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with Cole when were out shopping a couple of weeks ago. He has been asking to go into Aeropostale, so we went in to search the clearance racks. He was quite surprised at the regular prices on the clothes.. $49.50 for a pair of shorts! In the van after he says "Wow, those clothes are expensive." I proceeded to explain that in the real world of shopping, not the bargain world, those prices were pretty normal and quite a bit less than other stores. I told him some people pay over $100 for jeans. He was flabergasted that people would pay that much. I again explained that he was just used to shopping with me and we only look for "super sweet deals" Basically anything less than ten bucks, less than 8 is even better. He begins to ponder, looking out the window. After about a minute he turns to me and says, "Does that mean we are cheap?" Luckily this was one time I actually thought of a good response when I needed it, not an hour later. I just said, "No, it means we are smart!" I think he bought it. Hopefully it lasts and he doesn't start demanding $50 shorts, because that is not a Super sweet deal in the Warren family. Oh, by the way, we walked out of Aero with two polos, two t-shirts and a hoodie for $44! Love the clearance racks!

No comments: