January 14, 2010

Reaching Higher Heights....

So, I am trying not to have all this guilt since I haven't posted anything for months. I am trying to convince myself that I don't have to "catch" up. I just want to commit to blog, only for my family's sake, not for everyone else to read it. I am succombing to this counting as what I previously did as scrapbooking. I haven't got out my scrapbook stuff for EVER. So, I should just commit to this, it's way easier and about a billion times cheaper, right? Well, so here goes...

I will start by sharing a "funley" (if you are not aware this is a super sweet name we have come up with to describe the funny things Tenley says...hence a funley.
We were celebrating New Years Eve with our little family and Lauren and Tanner and Lindsay, Riley and their kids. We put Lauren in charge of being our Activities Director (who else could do it?) So, one of her scheduled activities was to write down our New Years Resolutions. You have to do it right? You write these things down, tape it up somewhere for a few weeks until you take it down because you've only done one (if that) of your goals and you are seriously disgusted with yourself. Anyways, we all get our 3x5 card and are writing away. We decide that we should read them outloud. We determined that by saying them outloud for others to hear it would make us be more committed... just as a side note, I took them down off the cupboard yesterday and yes, I have done one of the five. But, to the Funley part... Tenley starts reading her card. One of her goals for 2010 is to "reach higher heights" I quickly think to myself.. wow, what a clever little girl with such a vocabulary. Someone asks her, "like what?" and she responds without missing a beat... you know like reaching the microwave without using a stool. Hmmmmmm.......... that's funny. We cracked up. I love kids.

No comments: