October 10, 2009

If I go blind....?

Our kids have asked us this question many times. Unfortunately, most of the time our circumstances won't allow us to have dogs. Many of you know that our Maddy, who just turned 11, is our ture animal lover. She just melts everytime she see an animal, especially dogs. So her newest and most creative tactic for asking for a dog is this:

"If I go blind, can I get a seeing-eye dog?"

I laugh everytime I repeat this story, but I really, and truly honestly wish that we could get a dog for her. It makes her, and the other kids so happy. They do actually take care of whatever pets we have had. So hopefully, as our situation changes it will allow us to get a dog. Then she won't feel like she needs to wish to be blind to get a dog. Actually that is not funny one bit, it is terribly sad.

No comments: