November 28, 2008

JoeAnn, Grandma Gray and Great-Grandma Gray


Today is a day of mixed emotions. My Grandma passed away this morning after a long battle of Alzheimers. Even though she hasn't really be with us these past few years as we used to remember her she was still here. I am happy for her that she will get her memories back (as Lauren said) and I loved it when Norm said to me "As soon as she gets to heaven she will be doing a jig" That just made me smile to imagine Grandma doing a jig and being so happy again. I am sad for Grandpa. I can't imagine how that feels to have the love of your life gone. I am sad for my Dad, Steve, John and Jenni. I don't want to know what life will be like without my Mom. I am thankful for the gospel. I am blessed to know that families can be together forever. Maddy asked me if we had to wear black to the funeral. I explained to her that on t.v. and movies we see people wear black because they are so sad because they believe that it's the end, that they will never see their loved ones again. So I said that we don't necessarily have to wear black because even though we are sad and miss having them with us right now we know we can see them again. I am grateful every time I go to the Temple. It reminds me of Grandma because of something she made for me. I now will think of her watching over me as I visit the temple. I am looking forward to seeing all of my family. There are some members of the Gray family I haven't seen for too long. It's always too bad that funerals are the only thing that brings us together. I hope to see all of them and reminisce of great memories we have of Grandma Gray.
I love you Grandma and I hope we can honor you in a way that makes you proud to be our Grandma!

2 comments:

Krislynn said...

mylee..so sorry to hear about your grandma...i only remember her smiling....

Angela said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. I'm glad you have good memories of her.