Thanks to my baby sis, Lauren, I have been tagged. Now I have to analyze myself and see what is weird about me.
1. Like my sister and my mom, I am a list maker. I like to write things down and then cross them off. Sometimes if I don't write something down I have done, I write it down later and then cross it off! If you haven't done it...it feels really good!
2. A few years back I had a HUGE dry erase board that kept my schedule. It was a 4' x 8' sheet that you get from Home depot. I had two weeks of schedule up on it. Color coded by child, meals, errands, cleaning, etc... I had a grocery list area, and a messages area. The only reason I don't have one now is that I don't have a wall big enough to put it. Well, I do but it's the wall above my couch in my family room and that might be a little weird. I have tried converting this to a smaller scale but it hasn't worked. For some reason that 4' x 8' board kept me going.
3. I have to have the shower curtain closed. I do not like it left open. For two reasons...One, I don't want to look in the shower, they kind of gross me out, wet, hair, soap scum...icky. Second, I don't like the idea of the curtain all folded and wadded up growing who knows what. I figure if it is pulled shut it will dry out better.
4. I have to organize my closets, long sleeve shirts together, short sleeve shirts, pants, skirts, etc... The weird thing is that I don't always put my clothes away this way so every couple of weeks I have to do a shuffle of clothes. If this bothers me I can't figure out why I don't just put them in the right spot in the first place...weird.
5. I use a drive up whenever I can. Pharmacy, dry cleaners, video drop off, bank, gas station (especially when you can pay at the pump and then drive around to the window to get yourself a drink) Not that I am lazy but I think this goes back to the baby days when it was such a pain to get the kids in and out of the car. Now my kids can get themselves in and out and most of the time I am running errands by myself, since the kids are in school all day, but this is something that I just think is a 12 year habit. My oldest is 12 and I think I have mentally convinced myself that it is harder to get everyone in and out of the car.
6. I have become very cheap. Those of you who knew me growing up, especially high school, college...there really wasn't a cheap bone in my body... could that be that I was on Dad's dollar?!?!? Well, now for 14 years of being self employed or on commission and who doesn't need to stretch their dollar I have become CHEAP. Not that I buy everything crappy or at the dollar store. I like to look for good quality items for a bargain. For clothes I hate to spend more than five bucks for anything. I have learned that as the kids have outgrown toddler sizes that is hard. So now I have to be willing to spend ten and that kills me. I almost passed out when I went shopping, for MYSELF, at the mall. I was subbing for the secretary at our school for four days and had to be out in public and needed some decent clothes. You know how you wear junk around the house. Well, Macy's was having a pretty good sale but almost everything I bought was 20 bucks!!! But I have to say the regular prices were almost 60 to 80 so I still got a bargain. But I cannot tell you how hard that was. Norm hates when I use the saying, Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without. But that's kind of me now.
So, this wasn't as hard as I thought, that is almost sad., that it was that easy to think of 6 weird things about me. But now I would like to hear from:
Angie K., Jen A., Miranda J., Jennalee R., Emily S., and Zoe P.
Good luck ladies and I hope that it's as easy for you as it was for me. Have fun digging into your quirkiness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
It was fun reading about you. I miss you! We could be making lists and being cheap together! That ladder picture scares me, I could hardly look at it. Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving. Post some pics of your decorating so I can get motivated and get some ideas!
Post a Comment