December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving...




Well, a little late but our Thanksgiving was a little unusual. I got a call from my Mom that morning that my Grandma Gray was probably not going to make it through the day. It was a bitter sweet moment because she has suffered with Alzheimers for years and even though you always hate to see a loved one leave us I was very happy for her to not suffer anymore. So she and my Grandpa were in my thoughts all day. We had dinner with Norm's parents and sister. We had the most delicious moist turkey ever, we played games until 11:30 and had fabulous pies. I got another call friday morning that my Grandma had passed away in the night. The kids and I decided to drive down to Salt Lake on Saturday and be with the family. The funeral and viewing was tuesday and wednesday. It was so nice to be with everyone. I think having the kids there helped my brighten my Dads day a little. We came home late wednesday night and back to school and regular life. It's amazing how things can change so quickly. It always makes me reflect and be grateful for what i have.

No comments: