September 2, 2009

September 2, 2009, Wednesday

Still hot.  I don't want, by any means, to wish winter in, but I would love a long beautiful fall.  The kids seem to be loving school.  They all seem happy, no one seems nervous, stressed out or miserable, so that's a good sign.  Now the challenge will be finding a house in the school boundaries! It will really limit us but it will be worth it since they are adjusting so well.  Tenley is turning 8 on sunday and that is such a huge milestone.  She has decided to get baptized and that mean my BABY is getting baptized.  I thought I felt OLD when Cole turned 8 but our baby is another story! We went to the cabin last weekend with my Mom and Dad.  Norm was working a home show so he couldn't come, but we are very grateful for the opportunity he had to have a booth there.  He has been really busy this week with class, appointments, homework, installs, etc...  I am not sure, but I think his ratio of gray hairs to brown is changing :)  I started reading "Achieving Your Life Mission" by Randal Wright.  What a thought provoking book, it's almost a little scary.  He is trying to prod me along to find out what my life mission is.  Of course, it's first and foremost to be a wife and mother, but what else does the Lord want me to do?  What was I saved for this specific time to do?  He has me thinking about my weaknesses, why I am the way I am, why I do the things I do.  I haven't broken down and actually started writing things down like he suggests but I think I am getting ready to dive into some serious self inspections.  He really wants to you to scrutinize your patriarchal blessing and I am so ticked that it's packed somewhere. I hope I can find it soon because it's driving me crazy not to be able to read it like he says.  He wants you to specifically look for talents, gifts, assignments and make sure you are doing them.  Well, I think this is the right time for me to be looking into this so I am excited to hopefully come up with my personal mission statement, and find out what my Life Mission is?!?!?

No comments: