February 2, 2011

Turkey Lurkey

So, I had a few days on my own before Turkey day.  Norm's parents took the kids to Idaho Falls with them on Friday afternoon.  My Mom and I returned home on Friday night from Tuba City.  Norm and I left Wednesday afternoon to head up to IF for thanksgiving.  So Saturday to Wednesday I was on my own, well Norm was here, but at work.  I just did some cleaning, laundry catch up, made my food assignments to take up to Omie and Papas.   The weather was kind of sketchy so Norm got off work a little early on Wednesday so we could hopefully get up there before dark.  We did make it but not without encountering snowy road conditions from Pocatello on.  It was slow going and not fun driving for Norm but we made it safe and sound.   Norm's Mom had all the delicious pies already made. Norm's Dad made the stuffing and had the turkey brining away.  We helped peel potatoes, make gravy, set the table and the kids made their name cards.  We had some snacks before... veggie tray, chips and dip.  We all sat down to eat and it was fabulous as usual.  Then it was over.  At least the eating anyway.  Games, naps, movies, continuted throughout the day and of course more eating... especially the pies.  Pumpkin, Apple, Chocolate and the delicious whipping cream from Reed's Dairy.  They have wondrous cream there.  They must have special cows.  We played cards, Mah Jongg, Apples to Apples and many more.  Christmas movies were unleashed as was Christmas music.  We helped Norm's parents do some decorating too.  We always have a relaxing enjoyable time at Omie and Papas.  We love that they are so close and we can see them often...we just wish it was more!

No comments: