Memorial Day weekend was celebrated in Soda Springs in the rain this year. Our sweet little niece, Kaitlyn, graduated from High School this year! When Norm and I got married she was barely a year old! So, needless to say, this was a very weird moment for me. I have known her almost her whole life and we have been close with her family so we have watched her grow up and mature and become an amazing young women and now and adult! I am so excited for her and her adventures to come with college, moving away from home, dating, traveling and all the things young adults get to do!
I was sick with a cold for a few days before we were supposed to travel up to Soda. I almost hesitated going since I was coughing and pretty stuffy. Myra was so sweet and said, "Of course you are coming, you can rest up here." It was a very nice relaxing weekend. I was probably the only one who didn't mind that it rained the whole time. It made me feel like it was okay to lounge, read, play solitaire on my phone and play games. I didn't feel like I needed to go anywhere or do anything. We were able to visit and spend time together and just relax. We came home Sunday night since Norm was flying back from Florida that evening.
The Leatherman family in the Soda Springs High School gym. The graduation was short & sweet but hot & stuffy. There were 60 or so graduates a few speakers a song and recognitions. Kaitlyn stood up for almost everyone! She accomplished a lot and we are very excited for her example.





No comments:
Post a Comment