September 17, 2008

Congrats Cole!



So, I got a phone call yesterday from the middle school... now for those of you who know my kids I was not nervous really, but one always wonders why the school is calling...Did your kid puke all over, are they hurt, did they hurt someone, there must be something wrong. In fact, last week on Monday, I got a phone call from Tenley's school and she was hurt. She got whacked in the face with a swing. Luckily she didn't need stitches, the doctor just super glued her up. Anyway, usually a call from the school is some sort of bad/upsetting news. Well, not this time. Cole won the school's essay contest. They were celebrating Constitution Day (which is today by the way). It is the 221st anniversary of the signing of the Constitution. He had to write an essay about the freedoms in the preamble. He did a fabulous job and we are very proud of him. It was a cool assembly. They had the National Guard do the flag ceremony, they had the Fire Departments Pipes and Drum band (gotta love bagpipes), the High School choir sang some songs. It was very patriotic. I hate to admit that I didn't know it was the anniversary of the Constitution. So I was glad to be able to participate and reflect on this great country we live in and be grateful for the freedoms we have. Thanks to Cole I was able to be a part of this day with him.

No comments: