September 9, 2008

THE FOURTH OF JULY


For some weird reason, this is the only picture I have from our Fourth of July Celebration. I hope my Mom has her pictures from her camera she can send to me. My Mom and Dad, Lauren and Tanner, and Adrienne came up. We went to our ward's pancake breakfast at 7 am (which by the way is early for a group of 10). We drove right to the parade and got great curbside seats. It was sooooo HOT though. We ended up leaving early since we were all dripping with sweat! Gross, I know, but it was hot. We went shooting, you know, we had to exercise our right to bear arms. If someone had told me 20 years ago I would shoot guns, I would have bust a gut laughing. But it is something I actually enjoy and would like to get good at. We had a BBQ over at Norm's parents. They invited all of us over, my family and all. What good people they are! We then, of course, went to the huge fireworks show. As always, it was spectacular. We were especially happy at the end when we didn't get stuck in traffic for hours on the way home.

1 comment:

Jennalee said...

we loved the 4th fireworks show there in IF...we were there in 06 I think...Rick's sister lives right there off the river just by the temple...I'm lovin the blog world so I can catch up with people from the comfort of my couch :)