December 8, 2008

Lights at the ZOO







This was something totally new and different for us. My Dad took me and the kids to the Zoo one night to see the lights. I must admit I had pretty low expectations. But I was pleasantly surprised. They had a TON of lights and a lot of lit up animal forms (you know metal sculptures with lights) We also actually got to see quite a few animals...the bear was up walking around, the leopard was out, the wolf was up, there was a cougar that looked like he was ready to pounce through the fence at us. We also got to see the monkeys, reptiles, and other creatures that were in the buildings. It was great because there wasn't anyone really there so we had all the animals to ourselves. The weather was great...not FREEZING. I didn't even have to wear gloves. We also got to choose where we wanted to eat and we chose (okay, I convinced the kids) that we wanted to go to Apollo Burger. We don't have any of those up here in Idaho and mmmm I love their burgers, fries and fry sauce..It was a super fun night!

No comments: