August 10, 2009

August 10, 2009 Monday

Pantry Before
Pantry After


Glass Jar of Honey meets concrete

The day started too early...5:30 am wake up call to get Cole off to scout camp! It is still weird to imagine that he is old enough to be gone from us for six days! He was excited and hopefully had a great time! The girls and I got our working clothes on (which means we stayed in our jammies) and got to cleaning. We did bathrooms and the kitchen and vacuumed. We had lunch, showered, finally got dressed and got ready to tackle the pantry. It was in need of a serious clean up. Tenley helped for a couple shelves and lost interest and she curled up on the couch with a book. Since Maddy didn't care, it meant she got more vacuum and can organizing time I just let her read. We filled up an entire black garbage bag, I have no idea how there was that much trash in the place where we keep our food! We organized, sorted and hauled extra food down to the storage room. Which leads us into another project. Tenley was carrying a canning jar full of honey, she was trying to pull the string to turn on the light and oops... you can imagine, glass jar of honey meets concrete. This may have been one of the worst clean ups in 13 years of kid raising... although a gallon of milk on the garage floor was fun too! I then sorted and matched up tupperware and lids, threw out a paper sack full of unmatched items, which led to vacuuming cupboards. Now I am tired!

No comments: