August 10, 2009

Summer activities...

I just saw a good idea on someone elses blog. Since summer was busy and they got behind they just posted a list of what they had done so they wouldn't forget. I know I will never go back and catch up so here goes (THANKS JEN!)



Memorial Day -
Mini Golf (our first time as a family... the kids weren't nearly as impressed as I used to be at the 49th street galleria)

Bridal Veil falls- much more impressive

Visiting the cemeteries - we have a tradition of visiting the cemeteries and taking flowers. I made a goal by next year to have a memory book made. I want to find pictures and info about the ancestors we are visiting and also list specific information about where the headstones are. I don't know if i could find them without my Mom. The kids don't know hardly any of the people and there are quite a few that I never met so we thought a book would be a good idea. Hopefully a year is enough time to get that one done!

Cookout up Butterfield Canyon - never forget Norm and Riley making their own rope swing, hilarious to watch and even more fun to watch everyone swing!

May 29th

Family trip to the Bear Lake Cabin... fourwheeler/ranger ride, getting stuck in the snow, Lauren teaching the kids yoga (heehee... love the cat one)

June 18
Rick and Alli's wedding... my cousin Alli got married and we were glad to be here so we could attend the wedding at the Bountiful temple. We had never been there before it was so pretty. They had their reception at Red Butte Gardens, another place we had not been. It was also very beautiful.
July 11
Sean and Meri's wedding... another cousin on my Mom's side, got married in Mapleton. They had their rehearsal dinner at the Train Depot downtown, a yummy mexican food restaurant we had not been before. Their wedding was at this adorable barn in mapleton. The ceremony, conducted by my cousin Nate, was out by the lake. They had a delicious dinner inside the barn, some of the yummiest chicken and potatoes ever! We were leaving to go to the cabin for the reunion so we missed the dancing, which we heard about and wished we hadn't. It was a beautiful day, at a unique and fabulous place. I absolutely loved it. They gave out little jars of honey as a gift!

July 12-15
Clark Family Reunion at Bear Lake. This was a first but hopefully not a last. We had such a great time with almost 50 people there. We boated, golfed, hiked, earned beads for our necklaces, did trivia, looked at the 150 pictures we had taped up all over the cabin, karaoked, danced, layed on the beach and did crossword puzzles. It was so great to be all together and it was a time we will never forget!

July 4

Fourth of July in Idaho Falls. We had a BBQ and went to the best fireworks show EVER! We love the Melaleuca fireworks. The kids painted outside and Norm's Mom made tons of yummy food, as always.

July 24-26

We went to Mirror Lake, for something different, and apparently a bazillion other people had the same idea. It was so crowded. We found a picnic table but there were just so many cars everywhere, so even though we were nearly 10,000 feet up it felt like we were in the city. Norm and Riley were pretty ticked about it. I still really enjoyed myself. The kids fished a little, but didn't catch anything. I brought catch phrase to play but couldn't convince Norm to hang around. The Nehmers brought KFC and we made potato salad, watermelon and chocolate chip squares. Lindsay fell walking across the stream carrying Ryder. Luckily the only injury was a pretty good whack to her ankle.

On the 25th, we picked Sydney (our neice) up at the airport. She was heading to China to teach English and got to stay with us for a few days. They live in Virginia so we don't each other much so we thoroughly enjoyed having her. We went to the rodeo in Pleasant Grove. It was Sydney's first and I think she liked it, other than it was too long! 2 1/2 hours...YIKES. She did say she had never seen so many Bump-its in her life... I had to agree:).

On Sunday the 26th, Norm's parents and sister Becca drove down from IF to see Syd (and us too). We met at Temple square where they have some friends, the Meikles, serving a mission in the transaltion department. They took us on a tour around temple square, the conference center and in the translation department. It was amazing to see all the languages they work on. I felt really uneducated when there were over 20 languages I had NEVER heard of! It was really hot and we walked alot! We were going to go up the canyon for a picnic but we were all too tired and hot so we hopped on Trax and went to the foodcourt at Gateway! Almost the same as a picnic :)

August

This week Cole is at Scout Camp and the week after I am going to Education Week with my Mom and then school starts!

No comments: