I may have written about this book a LONG time ago, back in the summer. I had to put off reading it until I was able to locate my patriarchal blessing. I have since remembered where I had packed it and have begun reading and making notes again. This book is called "Achieving your Life Mission" by Randal A. Wright. It is very inspiring and scary at the same time. I found it very ironic that last night when I opened the book up to the page my book mark was marking the title of the chapter was "Eliminate Procrastination". I totally chuckled as I began reading again. The fact that we are all sent here for a specific purpose, to accomplish something is not a new idea. I knew that, but making an effort to discover what it might be is scary because then you actually have to do it. Some points that have struck a serious chord with me are:
1. Write down in detail the short and long term cost of having each of your weaknesses (spiritual, emotional, and physical)
2. If I had only one year to live what would I do? If money were no object what would I do with my life?
3. Write 100 life goals, pick one major goal/skill each year to work on... in 20 years you could be a near expert in 20 things!
4. Plan! Plan what you want to accomplish in a year, then what you have to do each month, each day... fill your day with meaningful work.
5. If you don't quit your capacity increases... hours can be filled but your day can be empty of substance.
6. To eliminate procrastination, closely examine how you spend your time, eliminate things that promote procrastination.
7. President Ezra T. Benson - "Making decisions is probably the most important thing people ever do."
8. It is almost impossible to feel discouraged while keeping physically active.
9. Go to bed early & get up early... when you prepare for bed, reflect for a few minutes on what will excite you, wake up and open your presents
I have about 20 pages left in this book and then I plan to get to work. There is a step by step process to figuring out your mission and how to accomplish it. I am at a point in my life that I often wonder, how am I progressing, what am I learning, am I anxiously engaged. It is all too easy to let days slip by that contain little to no substance. I don't want that to turn into a lifetime of nothing. I know I can do and contribute more, but finding the right thing and focusing on that will require a huge effort on my part and I am ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment