March 26, 2010

Where did the time go?

I can't believe it is Friday again.  I can't believe it is the end of March.  I can't believe it is time for me to send out Grayco invoices again.  I can't believe it's time to teach the Sunbeams again.  I can't believe it's time for spelling tests again.  All these things that go on in our lives on a weekly or monthly basis makes time seem to go by faster.  It goes by fast enough without any help.  It always seems like you just went visiting teaching, I just mailed those invoices out, we just got a new spelling list,  I just taught a lesson.  So, I realized it had been a week or so since my last post and I can't believe that!  There were a few things that were out of the ordinary this week that made it even go by faster!  My Grandpa (Frank) has been in the hospital with some medication issues.  They admitted him to a geriatric psychiatric unit to figure out what was causing all his anxiety.  He had become so weak, confused, and anxious almost over night.  He went from driving one day to not being able to get out of bed the next.  We went up a few times to visit him.  It was great to see him progressively getting better each day.  He is nearly back to his usual self.  The made some adjustments to medications and dosages and he seems much better.  He went back home to his own apartment yesterday.  I am happy that he recovered and is doing better.  It was all so sudden that it seemed unreal for a while.  Also, this past week, my Mom was gone up to the cabin painting with Shelley.  So, that throws off my morning bagel, diet coke and crossword routine.  It's not a big deal but it is definitely something I look forward to every day so I missed that.  I did a few crosswords on my own but that is was less fun.  I got a massage while I was at the chiropractor and that was amazing.  They had a free 25 minute offer for patients so I snatched that right up.  I am still having some stiffness and soreness in my neck from the accident which was nearly two months ago.  I really don't want to accept that I just have to live with this pain forever but it is taking so long to feel better. Norm and I went Wednesday night for temple recommend interviews, we knocked out both the ward and stake in one night.  Now we can get back to the temple!  Our recommends had been expired a few months and I have missed going!  The ice maker is out on the fridge and that is just annoying.  Buying ice is just crappy!  I had a repairman come yesterday and he said it would be $275 to fix it.  WHAT!!!  It's just a thing that freezes water.  He said, "It's a luxury item so it's expensive."  Am I confused, am I living in the lap of luxury because I have ice in my drinks.  I guess I have been taking that one for granted!  I went visiting teaching twice, took Cole to the orthodontist, helped in the kids classrooms and worked.  So, all in all, ALOT was accomplished this week.  I am looking forward to a few days off next week for spring break!

No comments: