August 20, 2010

It's not often you see...

Norm and Cole are gone to an overnight Scout Camp.  It's just me and the girls.  We talked about a few options of what to do on girls-night.  Go to the dollar movie, grab a bite to eat, get a Redbox and stay home and pop popcorn.  The girls didn't want to go to a movie.  They were playing so good together with their babies they didn't want to leave.  There was not a movie to rent from Redbox.  So we were left with grabbing a bite to eat.  We are lovers of the "choose three things off the dollar menu"  Our whole family can eat for $15!  So the girls started coaxing me to take them to a restaurant that doesn't have a drive up. They really wanted Olive Garden.  It's Friday night and we didn't feel like fighting a crowd so I convinced them to go to Pizza Factory.  We love their twisty breadsticks that they serve on a a stick.  You can choose your own pasta and your own sauce so we were in carb heaven.  I did have a salad, but there were plenty of croutons. 

The funny part of this story happened on the way there.  We had to drop some movies (that were late) at the library on 13th East.  Since we were that far east I decided to mosey along the side streets and avoid the rush hour free way traffic.  We traveled mostly down 9th east.  So we are sitting at a stop light and out of the corner of my eye I see a bright yellow vehicle.  Maddy says, "It's not often you see a cab and a guy with a pink phone."  I turned to look and sure enough, there was a cab, a Suburban cab, no less, with the driver, a guy, talking on a pink cell phone.  So, I agreed with her that it is not that often you see a cab and a guy with a pink phone.  I am sure in big cities, maybe New York or LA, this might be a more common occurrence, but here in good ol' Sandy, Utah, we just don't see that that often!

No comments: