August 15, 2010

Funnies...heehee and a Funley

I have been meeting to capture this memory for quite sometime.  Sometime after moving in with my parents in April 2009 Tenley became addicted to the funnies.  She was obsessed with reading them with breakfast and lunch.  We put the kabosh on her reading them at dinner so we could have some good quality family time, but she would read them at dinner too.  She likes to linger while she eats and reads.  I can relate, as I quite enjoy a bagel (no diet coke for me anymore) with a crossword in the morning.  When we knew we were moving out we kept asking her how she was going to function without the funnies?!?  She started stockpiling them to take them to the new house.  We keep a manilla folder labeled "FUNNIES"  on the computer desk and she pulls it out at every meal and reads and rereads her funnies.  Grandma is so thoughtful and sets them aside for her so when we see her Tenley gets a new stack.  It's like Christmas!  The funny thing is is that she never laughs.  I will have to notice if I even see her smile.  She just goes into this zone and reads.  We always ask her if she gets the jokes and she says sometimes, but she just loves those funnies.

Baby Blues is one of her favorites


Herein lies the Funley... we have a new dog (I guess I need to do another post). Her name is Betty and we have been taking her on walks every night to exercise her and us.  One night I did not go and Tenley came home and said "Mom, while we were walking Betty, I saw newspapers in other peoples driveways!  Did you know we can get the paper here?"  All the way in Sandy, huh... I didn't know. It's a long way from West Jordan.  I think she must have thought that only Grandma's neighborhood gets the paper.  I don't know, but I cracked up.  I told her we would just keep getting the funnies from Grandma.  I don't like getting the paper.  Half the time we don't read it, we throw it away... I guess the funnies would get dug out but that is a lot of money and a lot of wasted paper just for funnies.  But it is funny...hee hee

No comments: