November 16, 2008

Another week has gone by and it is Sunday again. This week, I started painting again. My Mom and I actually started this project back in March when we moved in. After the move, we put the paint stuff away and now it's 8 months later! YIKES Where does the time go? My goal is to have it finished before thanksgiving. I think we can do it. Norm is going to help for a few hours monday morning to do the big wall going down the stairs. I am way too chicken to climb up on a ladder like that. Saturday we spent an hour or so over at Norm's parentsraking leaves, picking up pinecones and doing one final lawn mowing of the season. Saturday night we finally watched Kung fu Panda and it was pretty good. The kids got the giggles a couple of times so that is always hilarious. I have to mention one thing one of the characters said, I think it's one of my new favorite quotes. "Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift, that is Why it is Called the Present" I just loved this, I am trying to find somewhere I can get vinyl letters and hang this in my house! We had a ward dinner on Friday night which is always nice, whenever you can make brownies and call it good for dinner that's AWESOME! They had the "Old Time Fiddlers" come and I thought they were just performing for us but NOOOO they wanted us to get up and do a jig or a two step or a waltz! Norm and I just looked at each other and shrugged. Just because we watch So You Think You Can Dance and Dancing With The Stars does not give us license to get up and dance! We'd be like those awful audtions on American Idol where you are like...why doesn't someone tell them they can't sing! Why doesn't tell them (Norm and I) that they can't dance. So we just sat on the sidelines (being wall flowers) ooooh, flashbacks to Stake Dances and Good Ol' Bingham Stomps were coming back! Anyway, it was fun but I don't want to dance. Anyway, that is a quick overview of our weekend .

3 comments:

Jen said...

Mylee...I totally love that same quote! We just watched it as a family this past weekend and I have been repeating that quote in my head ever since! :> What a great show.

Angela said...

nice mental images of ya'll dancing... you should have done it! :) post some pics when when you finish painting. I love the quote too. It's fun to hear about what you are doing.

Mindy said...

That sooo would have been Shea and I being wallflowers too! Too bad we're not in the same ward. We could have sat and watched everyone together and poked a little fun at their expense, ha ha.