November 9, 2008

TUBA CITY...

Last week I had the chance to go to Tuba City, Arizona with my Mom for a week. Now don't start thinking that it was some resort vacation.... it was an insurance enrollment at a hospital on the Navajo Indian reservation. So basically it was out in the middle of nowhere. Granted I was away from home but it was not a vacation. I was able to help my Mom do her enrollment and make some christmas moo-la and who doesn't need that right? I have to thank Norm, the kids and especially Omie and Papa (Norm's parents) for helping out so I could go. Cole and Madison ended up getting Strep throat while I was gone. I felt very helpless being 11 hours away but also felt very blessed that Omie and Papa were there to take good care of the sicklies. It made me feel better knowing they were there and were willing to give up their week to help out. I had thought that since all the kids were in school all day, Norm could get them off to school, go to work, Omie and Papa would come for a few hours in the afternoon and it would be fairly easy on every one. But I should know, things very often don't work out as we plan them. So I cannot say THANK YOU enough... for the opportunity to go, for those who helped out and that I am now back HOME!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hey Mylee - I've been checking your blog and I never saw any new posts... I guess some how I bookmarked the post, not the blog. Glad to see what I missed and catch up! I just thought you were at the lake forever I guess...