August 15, 2009
August 14, 2009 Friday
Warm, some clouds, some rain...a storm is a-brewin! We spent most of the day at home. I did laundry, did Grayco work for my Dad, and caught up on some email, regular mail etc. Norm and I have been on this Prison Break kick and I realized at 4:45 that I didn't get the Netflix DVD in the mail so I snatched the girls up and made a mad dash to the post office. Just the thing you want to be doing at nearly 5:00... out running around in traffic. We hit the library to pick up Pride and Prejudice (the A&E version), Chitty Chitty Ban Bang DVD, the Great Gatsby DVD and the book. I don't think I ever read it, maybe did the Cliffs Notes but I am trying to make up for lost reading. I have always loved to read but in High School when these good books were required reading I was caught up in Stephen King (don't ask me why). So I pretty much "read" the Cliffs Notes. I don't recommend this to anyone, either reading Stephen King or cheating witht he Cliffs Notes. So anyway, I am intrigued by some of these "classics" and am trying to read some of them. We did easy friday night dinner, made our own wraps and then we cuddled up on the couch and watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Since it was a library disc it had many scratches, so we had to skip a few scenes. Hence, a nearly 3 hour long movie was shortened quite a bit, which was fine by me. I think I had slept through a lot of that movie before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment