January 22, 2010

Cole's amazing opportunity

Well, since I did a little Blog slacking the past few months I thought I would hit a few of our high points over the past few months...

October 2009: Cole has the amazing opportunity to sing in the Conference Session for the General Priesthood Meeting on October 3, 2009. It began with practices two to three times a week for about 6 weeks. They had a dress rehearsal and sang about six songs. He missed one practice because he had a bad cold. As the performance day came closer, Cole became sick again. It was about 9 days before the performance. We took him to the doctor and we think he had the Swine Flu!!! He wasn't able to attend the "mandatory" dress rehearsal on thursday night. After a few emails we were able to get him authorized to attend the performance since he was feeling soooo much better. Another amazing point I'd like to bring up is that we had a family vacation planned to go to Moab over conference weekend and Cole decided that this was too great of an opportunity to pass it up. He was willing to stay home from our vacation to sing at the conference center. He said, "This is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity and Moab isn't going anywhere!" I hope he always feels that way. I hope that by attending and singing with that choir that he felt the spirit in a way that he will never forget it. We are proud of him and his willingness to do the right thing. We hope that we can keep our communicatoin open with him and that we can continue to build our relationship with him.

No comments: