January 25, 2010

Weekend at Bernies... heehee

So, this is really just a blog post about what we did over the weekend and for those who don't know, Norm's middle name is Bernard. We have some friends that have told their kids his name is Bernie and I just crack up about it. So, my nephew is two and we are all calling Norm Bernie... we think he should be "Uncle Bernie" hence weekend at Bernies really does apply to those of us who spent it with Bernie...

Friday night we went to dinner with Mindy and Shea and it was so great! I had seen Mindy several times for lunch over the years and Norm has seen Shea randomly as well. We figured out that I hadn't seen Shea and Norm hadn't seen Mindy for about 6 years! That is sooooooo crazy. But, I must say as we sat down to dinner and began chatting it was like we had all just talked to each other the day before. We reminisced about high school, Norm and Shea shared some mission memories and needless to say there was some serious laughing going on. It was strange to switch gears and share parenting experiences and talk about our kids. We truly are adults and not 17 year old seniors at Bingham High school! It was fun and we definitely won't wait 6 years to do that again!

Saturday we just did saturday things... laundry, cleaning up, grocery shopping etc... We did babysit Ryder and Ruby while Lindsay and Riley went to dinner. that was fun as usual. The kids love hanging out with their cousins and we had to set the timer for everyone to get a turn holding Ruby. Ryder loves the choo-choo and taking the kids by the hand and leading them to where ever he wants to go or do!

Sunday, Cole had to speak in sacrament. Now, I don't want to brag or anything but I was quite impressed with his talk. He was asked to speak on The Family out of the For the Strength of Youth booklet. He wrote it all himself. We gave him two suggestions, just to add a story and a few other details. He worded it so fabulously. It was a proud moment for me as a mother. Great job Cole, I hope you continue to strenghthen your testimony and be a good example.

After dinner we played some Book of Mormon matching card games and we realized that the girls don't really know some of their scripture facts that we thought they knew. I think you do some of those family nights over and over when they are toddlers and then you don't do them again and let me just say that Maddy couldn't tell us who Nephi's father was?!?!? Well, good thing it's Monday and it's family night! I don't want to embarass Maddy at all, it was just kind of a funny moment. It made me realize that repeating things over and over again is probably okay!

No comments: