June 15, 2010

May I take your order please...

I love that my kids can keep themselves entertained with their imaginations.  They love a good electronic (we are proud owners of Nintendo DS's, Playstation PSP, Wii, etc...)  Yes, they play them, but they are not addicted to them, they do NOT play them for hours on end.  They will go days with out even touching them.  I love when they pull out the dress up box, the kitchen stuff and other miscellaneous household items and create a wonderful playland. 

While I was working on the computer in my room, I could hear the girls creating some spectacular imagination land.  I resisted checking on them for fear I would disrupt their creativity.  After a while, my curiosity forced me to take a peek...

Here is what I found, a fully functioning restaurant...

Maddy was playing the role of the waitress, with her apron, pen and notepad.  She had a tray to delivery food, there was the food prep/cooking area.  Tenley was playing the customer with her baby next to her.  They had rolled up the silveware in napkins and tied them with ribbons.  They put four t.v. trays together to make the table and covered it with a blanket.  It will be a sad day when there is no more imagination play at our house.  Why do we lose this?  I hope they keep it up for a while and I will try to capture more of it in pictures.

No comments: