June 15, 2010

One, Two, Three Strikes your out

Adrienne suggested that we should come to the Bees game on Monday night since her friend Andrea was singing the National Anthem.  I didn't think much about it, mostly because it gives me anxiety to pay $50-$60 just for tickets for our family.  So, we don't often take our kids to movies, since we can just wait and own the DVD for $20.  Anyways, after a little research we found out the Monday nights it Harmon's night and you can get actual reserved seats for $3!  Can you say CHEAP!  My Mom and I made a trip to Harmons to get a few groceries we needed anyway and picked up the coupons.  We BBQ'd hotdogs at home, had chips, watermelon and baked beans.  Again, a package of hot dogs was 89 cents and I think I noticed that one hot dog at the stadium was $3.50! We left a little after six, parked, and were at the box office by 6:35.  Game time is 7:00.  I thought for sure it would be packed.  Surely there are many other cheap Utahns up for a good family night activity.  We got the 2nd row of the upper tier right behind home plate.  We had eleven of us there plus two babies!  Me, Cole, Maddy, Tenley, Grandma, Grandpa, Lauren, Tanner, Bridget, Lindsay, Riley, Ryder, and Ruby!  It was such a fun night.  Something very different and the weather was perfect.  Just a light jacket was needed the last hour.  I must say that being at a baseball game is all about the food, unless you are into keeping an intense scorebook record the entire game (the people in front of us thought they were official score keepers)  After about five minutes Tenley wanted the candy I had secretly brought in my purse.  I told her to wait until the 2nd inning.  She didn't know what that meant but it was not now, so she didn't like it.  I brought some Pop Rocks and Swedish Fish.  Grandma and Adrienne bought peanuts which are always a hit.  I took Tenley down to get a treat before the 7th inning stretch, because she obviously hadn't had enough.  We ended up getting her and Maddy a Mrs. Fields Cookie and a sprite.  Cole wanted to do some wandering of his own, so he walked around the other end of the stadium and came back with a batting helmet full of Mint Chocolate Chip.  The girls felt their cookie was no longer exciting but I put my foot down and said enough!  We had all six grandkids there so we tried to get a picture. It sure was a fun adventure out for Family Night... well, it might not really count since Norm wasn't there.  He is working late every night so he couldn't make it.  We love him for working so hard but we sure miss him!

No comments: