July 20, 2010

So much to say, So little time (not really)



It's been a little over a month since I have documented anything that has happened in the Warren family and ALOT has happened!

On June 18th, one of Madison's friends, Emily, had a going-away party for her.  They took pictures of each other, printed them out on their computer, made scrapbooks, had pizza and I am sure there was lots of giggling.  I am amazed at how quickly kids can make "good" friends.  We were at my parent's for a little over a year and Madison had made some really good, close friends.  I haven't made any good close friends for years.  Sheesh, what is wrong with me. 

The following week and a half I spent painting with Shelley.  I helped her finish a room at her house and then we had a faux painting job at a ladies house in her neighborhood.  I enjoy painting. I enjoy getting paid.  I miss my kids while I am away all day and I do not like trying to copy Shelley's technique.  I can faux and make it look good but getting it to look like Shelley's artistic work is impossible.

We wanted to see some fireworks since we were going to be at the cabin for the 4th so we headed on over to Taylorsville Dayzz on Friday.  We brought Subways, our camp chairs and ate at the park while we listened to Imagine - a Beatles copycat group.  They were pretty good and it was fun to be outside and listen to the music.  The fireworks after were amazing.  They lasted a good 20-25 minutes and had great music to go along with them.

Cole getting ready at Gateway

This week was also Cole's last week of early morning Orchestra practice.  He had a concert Monday night at a park in Magna.  Tuesday they performed at the Gateway plaza by the fountain.  Grandma, Lindsay, Ryder, Ruby, Madison, Tenley and I all watched together.  Their last performance was at the Salt Lake Library outdoor plaza. Norm and I were able to meet there to watch Cole play.  All the concerts were outside and it was hot.  The day at the Gateway we had clouds to keep us "shaded".  At the library, the girl sitting next to Cole almost passed out! Technically it was a symphony since there were strings and brass and percussion.  They played extremely well and it was very enjoyable listening to them.  I was very proud of Cole for his desire and determination to participate in this symphony. He auditioned back in May and practices started the first Monday after their last day of school and went for three weeks.  We had to get him to the Junior high at 6:10 every morning.  He got himself up at 5- something and Norm or I set our alarms at six, rolled out of bed, dropped him off and came home and went back to bed.  He would get home a little after ten every day.  It was a great experience for him and I am glad he had the opportunity to participate.

That weekend was the 4th of July.  The girls went up to the cabin with my Mom on Thursday July 1st.  Norm, Cole and I stayed and drove up on Saturday afternoon.  Cole had his Granite Junior Youth Symphony day at lagoon on Friday and he was NOT missing that!  Norm also had to work until Saturday afternoon.  We made it up to Bear Lake on Saturday just in time for dinner.  We took a 60 mile four-wheeler/ranger/rzr ride up Fish Haven Canyon on Sunday.  We took a picnic lunch and were gone for about 7 hours.  It was a really fun day but we had about an inch of dust on us when we got back to the cabin. Norm left early Monday morning to head back to work and the kids and I stayed until Tuesday morning.

Tuesday begins our moving saga...The girls rode with Grandma and Grandpa in the truck (Riley's truck with their boat).  Cole, adrienne and I rode in Grandma's Murano with their empty four wheeler trailer through Logan canyon.  We met Norm in Brigham city and aDrienne drove Norm's montero back to SL.  Norm, Cole and I headed straight up to IF to load the U-hauls, yes it's plural, we had two.  We met at the storage unit with our two trucks and Bill Donnelly cam to help.  About an hour later Steve Miller and another YM leader and two teacher boys showed up to help too.  Luckily could just back the trucks up to the storage unit.  We were done by about 8:30. We stopped for gas, ran by Norm's parents so say hello and drop one U-haul and Cole off.  Norm and I left, he driving a truck and I driving, my Mom's car with the trailer.  We got back to SL after one and crashed. We were exhausted.  Cole stayed in IF to ride down in the truck with Papa on wednesday afternoon.  We got over to our new house and about 4:30 Norm and Taylor started unloading the first truck.  Between the hours of 6:00 and 7:00 we accumulated about 15-20 people from our new ward to help so we emptied both trucks by about 8:30.  We got our bed set up and settled just enough so that we could sleep that night.  The girls slept in sleeping bags and Cole went back to Grandma and Grandpas to stay.  He had to be to youth Conference at 7am on Thursday.

Adrienne came over and helped me unpack the kitchen Thursday morning and I couldn't have done it without her.  I have limited cupboard space so I was very nervous about finding places for everything to go but we did it.  Cole was off to youth conference so it was me and the girls around to unpack for a few days.  The girls worked on unpacking boxes in their rooms.  You would have thought it was Christmas.  They were running back and forth between each other's rooms yelling "Look what I found".  It was adorable listening to them. Oh, to be kids again.  Needless to say, I was not that excited looking at the heaps and mounds of boxes I had to maneuver through.

No comments: