The library is a magical place where you can learn about any topic in the universe. Our typical visit to the library usually involves Cole finding about ten books that will last him seven days. Both Maddy and Tenley usually find three to four chapter books and head straight to the non-fiction animal section. Our library bag consists of information on how to train a horse, how to give a dog a bath and how to choose the best parakeet for your family. Our kids have lived vicariously through library books in the pet department. Well, one day, we had a fresh new surprise in the library collection... princess tea party books. Madison and Tenley each found a cook book with fun little foods for a great tea party. They started making lists: menus, shopping, activities, etc... When I saw how simple the recipes were and that we had most of the ingredients I happily consented to helping them carry out their tea party activity... I was MOM of the DAY for saying YES! I kept waiting for them to ask how many friends they could invite, but they never did. They were perfectly content enjoying each others company. I was tickled pink knowing that they were so excited to do this together, just the two of them. We planned to do it on a Saturday afternoon at 11:00. We spent Friday making the foods that could be made ahead. The girls picked out their outfits and were anxiously awaiting Saturday morning to come around. The sun came up and so did the girls. They began setting the table, using some of Great Grandma Slack's old tea-cups for decoration. They found a fancy table runner and picked fresh flowers in Grandpa's back yard. They dashed downstairs to put on their tea-party dresses and sandals. I finished up the last minute food and they met in the piano room promptly at 11:00.
They looked perfectly adorable for a tea party and they were practicing their very best manners.
They each picked three items to make and I will let the pictures speak for themselves:
These are their desserts: Fairy Forest Mushroom Cupcakes, Fairy Mints and Heart Shortbread.
Their lunch time finger foods were ham and cheese circle biscuits and Bacon & Parmesan Crescent Roll ups. We made a delicious smoothie with berries and bananas.
It really was a fantastic little tea party. They were so excited and it was a fun afternoon for two sisters who are truly best of friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
This looks like so much fun!!! Wish I could have been there. Maybe we'll have to do another tea party for three??
This is sooo cute! When was this the treats are darling and so are their cute outfits!
Post a Comment