August 2, 2010
Home for a while
July was a totally crazy month for us. I think I may have already posted about this but since it was so crazy I forgot. Our last adventure for July was a trip up to Bear Lake. Me and the kids left Thursday afternoon and arrived in Bear Lake about 5:30. We waited for Grandma and Adrienne to show up and had dinner. We drove through rain most of the way and it poured rain most of the evening at the cabin. It was very windy and there was some thunder and lightning. We decided to watch movies and do pedicures. Since Cole was the lone boy that night he watched Get Smart on Adrienne's laptop while the girls watched Steel Magnolias and did pedicures upstairs. Smart move Cole... I love Steel Magnolias, but it is the epitome of chick flicks! I was surprised the girls watched it and said they liked it. It is definately an old school PG movie... lots of the minor swear words and I totally forgot about the football locker scene. Lots of naked rear ends! Not just a flash of one either, the scene goes on for several minutes and the whole football team is just walking around. Adrienne brought up her little massaging foot bath so she gave us all a mini pedicure. Friday we just hung around the cabin. Lauren and Tanner and Bridget came about lunch time. We played Foosball and Ping Pong, did our crossword with our bagels. Kam, Brandy and Grandpa came about 7:00. We bbq Bruschetta chicken for dinner. We decided to watch a movie that night again and by the time we got the kids watching their own movie up stairs and all the adults finally sat down on the couch in the basement it was nearly 10:00. We were into our movie about twenty minutes and the power went out. We had to use our cell phones for a little light. I went upstairs to rescue the girls and we all just went to bed. Grandma had two flashlights so that was helpful. The power stayed off all night long until about noon the next day. We sealed all the logs inside the cabin in the morning. Kam cooked us a breakfast, good thing for gas stoves, before we got to work. He makes the best hashbrowns. I think it might have to do with the amount of bacon grease he cooks them in. It tooks us about three hours to seal all the logs. It looks so much better and we all wondered why it had taken us four years to get that project done. We hashed and rehashed about taking the boat out on the lake that afternoon. According to the weather forecast is was supposed to be crappy weather all weekend so we didn't want to get down to the lake and have to pack up twenty minutes later like we usually do. After an hour or so we decided to just go down to the beach, take a few snacks and our towels so that if we had to pack up it wasn't that big of a deal. Well, with eleven people, eleven chairs, eleven towels, beach tows, a stroller, one small coller for drinks and four beach bags we still had a lot of crap! We didn't take the shade tarp but we took everything else. Grandma and Adrienne drove a four wheeler down and we packed eight people in Lauren and Tanners Pathfinder. Tanner drove, Lauren and Tenely sat in the other front seat. Cole and Maddy behing Tanner, Bridget in the middle and Brandy and I were behind Lauren. It is a two minute drive from the cabin and you needed four wheel drive and we didn't want to make trips so we piled in. We left the other four wheeler there for Kam and Grandpa, which wasn't the best idea, but they were working in the boat and we didn't want to wait anymore. After we got set up on the beach grandma took the other four wheeler back so they wouldn't have to double up. When she got there the boat was gone. Apparently there was some more hashing and rehasing. But the weather turned out great and we stayed out until 5:30! Brandy and I rode the tube together and then Lauren went. I have been so sore after tubing. Apparently I need to do some more bicep curls! We played 500 out in the water and we all need to work on our catching skills. We had so much fun. I love a good beach day. We BBQ hamburgers and had corn on the cob and baked beans that night. We ate out on the deck and it was perfect weather. Not that we are complaining but it was the complete opposite of the forecast. We played password and blurt. Love a good game of password. We always have good laughs when we play that. This time the joke was Panda Plant. The password was bamboo so I gave the clue Panda to Lauren. Adrienne gave the clue plant to Mom. She kept saying panda plant and we were all imagining her imagine a black and white plant. Well, she didn't guess it so I sait Eat to Lauren and she guessed correctly... Bamboo. So if you want a really cool plant in your yard go to a nursery and ask for that Panda plant. hee hee... We were all so tired that we cut games off at 10:30. We wanted to get to bed early since we were leaving in the morning to get back for church. It was after 11 before we turned off the lights and 7:30 came too quickly. We made it home about 11, unloaded, showered and headed off to church.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment