August 2, 2010
10 minute miracle
When Norm and I met with Bishop Swallow of our new ward I noticed he had a while pillow with "Ten Minute Miracle" stitched on it sitting on her desk. I wondered what it was but luckily he brought it up so I didn't have to ask. He shared his testimony with us about the youth, but I strongly feel it applies to all of us. He said that he knows that if we can get our youth to spend ten minutes in their scriptures and in prayer each morning that a Ten minute miracle will be performed. That ten minutes will protect them and strengthen them and guard them from the evils of the world. They will have their testimonites strengthened and will then have the strength to withstand temptation. Ten minutes, who doesn't have ten minutes. We had a family night about this last week. We decided to read the Book of Mormon, three pages a day to finish it all the way through in about six months. So, we will finish in January. Sometimes we have read together, like at the cabin when it was 11:00 at night, I would read outloud to the kids in bed. Sometimes we read on our own. I hope we can develop a daily reading habit and that we can experience the ten minute miracle in our home and individually.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment